Overall health, not ‘Obamacare,’ to be focus on Fallin’s health plan
Gov. Mary Fallin will deliver her State of the State address Monday, outlining her vision for the upcoming year. With that, she will address reforms and initiatives aimed at improving the health of Oklahomans.
Rather than concentrating solely on health care reform, Gov. Mary Fallin plans to focus her attention in the upcoming legislative session on how to improve the overall health of Oklahomans.
Oklahoma has long had some of the worst health rankings in the nation, with the state facing high rates of obesity, heart disease, diabetes and poor mental health.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort