Thunder's Kevin Durant injures rib
CLEVELAND — Thunder All-Star forward Kevin Durant left Saturday's game against the Cavaliers with a right rib contusion.
NewsOK Related Articles
Durant, the NBA's leading scorer, appeared to suffer the injury while hustling back on defense. He stayed in the game for several minutes and was moving slowly before he went to the locker room with 4:07 remaining in the third quarter. Durant was grabbing his lower back as he was escorted from the floor.
He returned to the bench during the final minute of the quarter.
Durant was only 4 of 13 from the field but was leading the Thunder with 19 points when he went out.
He's averaging 29.6 points for the Thunder, who came in with the league's second-best record.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 64379Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31540Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 30680Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 16244Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 7370Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6239Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4310Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman