Oklahoma City Zoo's bears step in for groundhog for weather prediction
The Oklahoma City Zoo's annual Groundhog Day prediction was made Saturday morning by grizzly bear brothers, Will and Wiley.
The Oklahoma City Zoo's annual Groundhog Day prediction was made Saturday morning by grizzly bear brothers, Will and Wiley. Groundhogs are not part of the zoo's collection, so the bears were designated as this year's official Groundhog's Day delegates.
The public was invited to watch as the bears entered their exhibit in the zoo's Big Rivers at Oklahoma Trails. The bears were treated to a variety of treats, including fruits, nuts, popcorn, peanut butter and honey that was spread on the windows of the exhibit. Guests enjoyed free hot chocolate and doughnuts.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11867Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11199Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7813Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7743Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4737Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4255OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3606Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit