Proposed firearm legislation
Of the legislative bills that mention firearms:
• Two eliminate fees for a firearms application.
• Five allow for the carry of firearms into government meetings or by government officials.
• Seven allow guns in schools or on school property, including colleges and universities.
• Two direct county clerks to file court-adjudicated mental health cases with the federal database used for background checks.
• Three remove current exemptions for felons and the mentally unsound.
• Two would exempt local firearms or munitions manufacturers from federal regulation.
• One would make it illegal for anyone, including state officials, to confiscate guns.
• Six are generic “shell bills” that would call for a new state firearms act altogether.
• Three would further restrict the current firearms laws.