For executive assistant, Oklahoma Capitol has been second home since 1965
Donna Garlick, 73, retired once from her job at the Oklahoma Capitol, but that only lasted for two and a half years.
Donna Garlick stands with her hand resting on the marble rail along the rotunda of the state Capitol.
First, Garlick, 73, looks toward murals painted by Charles Banks Wilson.
Then she glances up at the dome.
The Madill native has been at the Capitol longer than either of these features, the murals or the dome.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims