Exploring the awesome in your life
A dream trip became reality recently for Happy Frazier as she explored the awesome in her life. In this third installment, she offers a series on her journey, with description, photographs and personal reflection. Join her on this wonderful voyage and see that a dream can come true.
Cooking Class and Rumba
DAY 3 ABOARD THE MS. NOORDAM -- Today, my third day at sea, was a very busy day. You’d think boredom would have set in by now being at sea for that long, but it’s certainly not the case aboard the Ms. Noordam.
There’s certainly plenty of time to get your tan on by the time you get to your first island and in addition, today was chock full of deliciously, educational fun and included two of my favorite subjects -- cooking and people.
One of the neat things about being onboard the Holland America ship is that each morning the cruise director announces over the intercom an itinerary for the day’s events. One of the things listed for this morning was a Rumba class and I decided I’d choose that for my morning workout. I loved it!
The spa and fitness possibilities on ship are endless and make it a piece-of-cake to get in shape. The ship hosts saunas, massage rooms, hydrotherapy pools, and even a steam and aromatic room, in addition to the walking/jogging track and the fitness center.
One of the many cool things about getting to do what I do is learning about the people who make the travel industry tick. Onboard a ship like the Noordam, which can hold up to 1,924 passengers and 824 crew members, there are a lot of very special people working to make the experience extra special for the passengers.
Mark Sardelis, manager of onboard marketing, and I ventured around this grand floating hotel today to enjoy some of the ship’s top-notch entertainment. He also took a few minutes to visit with Kris Vegas and me on KTCS today about the exciting shore excursions available in St. Maarten tomorrow. Mark was full of information about the thrilling things to do on our first island stop.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister