OU recruiting: Sooners steal Baylor commit, offensive lineman Dionte Savage
Savage blocked for OU running back Damien Williams when both played at Arizona Western Community College.
Oklahoma went back to some familiar territory to get its latest commitment.
Arizona Western Community College offensive guard Dionte Savage committed to the Sooners on Monday, two days before signing day, after a weekend visit to Norman.
Videoview all videos
Feb 4Thomas stunned OU co-offensive coordinator Josh Heupel...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Savage (6-foot-5, 345 pounds) blocked for Damien Williams during the 2011 season before Williams signed with Oklahoma.
Savage's commitment was first reported by Rivals.com.
He committed to Baylor in mid-January but immediately took visits to Texas Tech, Kansas and Oklahoma over the last week-plus.
He remained committed to the Bears after visiting Lubbock and Lawrence, but the weekend visit to Norman swayed him to sign with the Sooners.
Savage is the Sooners' 23rd commitment for the 2013 class and the third offensive lineman. He joins junior college tackle Josiah St. John and Houston Stratford High School tackle Christian Daimler as offensive line commits.
Savage will need to make a quick impact as he's already used his redshirt season. With Adam Shead and Bronson Irwin returning at the guard spots, Savage will have to fight for playing time.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort