NewsOK community helps woman
Our top story on NewsOK.com this morning was about a woman in Wilson cares for more than 100 stray dogs. Oh, and by the way, she lives in a van with no heat or running water. She spends all her money, and then some, on caring for the animals that society left behind.
It was a good read, written by one our best writers – Ron Jackson – and shot by one of our best photographers/videographers – Chris Landsberger. Good stuff.
But early this morning, we noticed some comments posted at the bottom of the article by visitors who wanted to help Ms. Titus. We tried to find an answer. We were going to do more reporting and post something that gave these people answer.
Alas, “Rick” from Oklahoma City made a comment on NewsOK and beat us to it.
Some good news to report. I talked to Mr. Morrison, husband of Karin Morrison who owns and operates Compassion Seeds Animal Sanctuary. He told me that somebody has donated a trailer to Ms. Titus. He also told me that an account has been setup in the name of Catherine Titus at First Bank & Trust, 301 West Main Street Healdton, OK 73438-2117. The feed Store where Ms. Titus purchases food is WHITENER FEED & SEED 334 REDWOOD ST, WILSON, OK, 73463-6524 God Blesses people like Ms. Titus and Mr. & Mrs. Morrison.
The really nice thing is that as of 3 p.m. today, there are 20 comments on this article – not one name as been called and not one subject has been mocked. Or, as “Jeff” from El Reno put it:
I’m glad to see something good has happened as a result of this story. This is what we need more of. Not the arguing and bickering that seems so common place nowadays. To all who lended a helping hand, THANK YOU.
P.S. – We are still tracking down some of what’s been reported in some of the comments. Expect to see an update on this story in the near future.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17094Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9372Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9356Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6811Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6759Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6251Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6008UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 5965Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4858Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients