Two men arrested in connection with three Oklahoma City-area bank robberies
Leon Wayne Murrell, 18, and Charles Glen Johnson, 19, are suspects in three recent bank robberies in the area of SE 44 and Sunnylane Road.
Two men are being held in connection with three recent bank robberies in the area of SE 44 and Sunnylane Road, the FBI reported Wednesday.
Leon Wayne Murrell, 18, and Charles Glen Johnson, 19, were arrested about 3 p.m. Tuesday at a home in southeast Oklahoma City.
An Oklahoma City police officer responding to a 911 call about a burglary at the address recognized Johnson as the primary suspect in the bank robbery investigation, according to the FBI report.
Bank of Oklahoma, 4324 SE 44, was robbed Jan. 18 and again Jan. 24. BancFirst, 4200 S Sunnylane Road in Del City, was robbed Saturday.
In all three robberies, two black males pointed weapons and yelled for employees and customers to put their hands up, the FBI said.
The two suspects were taken to the Oklahoma County jail. Johnson's bail was set at $40,000; Murrell's was $25,000.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 28347Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17448Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7187OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5536OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4738Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3702Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater