Let me take a quick time out to point out the heroes of NewsOK.com.
The process of the online redesign began more than a year ago. And until the past few months, we’ve discussed Then, Scott Horton, the creative director in the Audience Development department at OPUBCO Communications Group, led a team to conceptualize the new Web site. He’s been working with Marilyn Hoeffner, our site manager and Andy Fugate, new media director, to build the infrastructure and develop the new technologies to power the site.
I’ve been working with NewsOK.com since 2000 – before NewsOK.com even existed (we were connectok.com and oklahoman.com). I’ve been through many redesigns and been a part of many discussions about our product as it has morphed and grown through the years. I’ve always felt lucky to be a part of a group of people that cared so deeply about the product they spent their days and night working on. And I’ve always told outsiders that the amount of talent on the art, design and programming teams is astounding (that’s Scott, Andy and Marilyn).
I’m a journalist by trade. So watching those types of minds from close range is like seeing a circus act … you know … you’re not sure how they do that, and you don’t want to stare — but it’s hard to look away.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26512Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17561Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8879OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8492Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8412UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7989Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7605Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6228Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5649Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4993Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients