YOU! page on NewsOK provides break from busy news
Tom Daschle or any other Obama nominee) to show off the page we recently revamped in our Life section.
And I know exactly how popular the tabloid section is. You see, I recently spent about one year serving as our director of custom publishing, which among other things, supervised YOU! and other features and special publications. During that year, we received many complaints after we had a moment of brilliance and decided to print the Sports Monday tab section and the YOU! tab section back-to-back on Mondays.
Brilliant idea … unless, it seemed, you were a YOU! reader whose husband always tore through and monopolized the Sports section. Yes – we had some angry wives who disagreed with our brilliance (and yes – I was firmly planted and on board the Brilliance Express).So when we redesigned the newspaper last year, we moved the section to Thursdays and released it from the Sports monopoly. Chalk one up for angry wives.
And a few weeks ago, we took another step. Sonya didn’t think the YOU! page online properly represented the focus of the content. She’s persistent, you know, and now – with the help of one of our web editors, Marcy Williams, the YOU! page is more organized for our users.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22062Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13856Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 11034Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10900UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7641Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 7472Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6309Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5703Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5621Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5179Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients