NewsOK.com honored twice this week
We’ve had two stories this week that can only be described as shameless plugs for what we work hard at trying to do here at OPUBCO Communications Group.
On Monday, we got word that we had won a national awards from the Society of Professional Journalists for our ‘know it’ series and our Your Right to Know page, which has since evolved into a larger Watchdog page.
To quote our story:
The Sigma Delta Chi Awards honor outstanding journalism from across the country. The Oklahoman’s staff was recognized for “Public Service in Online Journalism” for its “know it” and “Your Right to Know” projects.
That was good news. The national SPJ awards are generally considered second only to the Pulitzer in terms of journalistic prestige. It’s also good news, because we were honored for the type of quality journalism and public service that we push ourselves toward every day.
We love weird news, crime news, sports news and breaking news — we do that very well on NewsOK and always see a big spike in traffic when those types of stories take center stage.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24384Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14430Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10043UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8936Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 7944Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7183Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6372Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6313Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6107Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 5639OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients