Steve Lackmeyer goes live with hangout discussion
Another week. Another item scratched off the bucket list.
I browsed NewsOK.com Tuesday morning and saw that business development reporter and OKC Central blogger Steve Lackmeyer had written a story to help spread the word about the live video event he had schedule for the following day.
I was pleased that he was letting his audience know. But the bucket list item? That happened when I saw I was featured in his column. He talked about his history in his digital evolution, culminating — at the moment, at least — in the live Google+ Hangout event.
I was in the control room as Lackmeyer — a veteran print reporter and cutting edge web blogger — deftly managed through the early technical difficulties on a live video set as four important guests waited. I don’t think he broke a sweat.
In the end the discussion was great for our users:
I hope you enjoy our recent run of live events. We are using the Google+ hangout technology to pull these off and get a variety of voices on a variety of topics.
You can see all the live events we’ve put together on this page.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2099Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 1489Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 1234Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients