On the Line blog heating up from Afghanistan
I’ve written about the “On the Line” project before – where Mike Boettcher and Carlos Boettcher are risking their lives on the front lines in Afghanistan to tell the real stories of our soldiers serving our country.
But things are heating up now. I know because those are the exact words from Mike, the longtime war correspondent, in the email I received. He told me that he and his son are not on the front lines, and they saw something that needed fixed on the blog that we are hosting for them.
Things heating up here. I just fed a video of artillery firing at insurgent positions.
That e-mail woke me up …. just as I was eating my bagle sandwich in my comfy office.
Yes, Mike, I thought, we’ll get that fixed. That’s the least we could do. I’ll get someone to look at that as soon as I set down my sandwich as a group of soldiers fire artillery a half a world away at insurgents who would probably like to kill me and my family.
Thanks for putting things in perspective and keeping everyone informed about what’s happening on the other side of the world.
Here’s the video:
And here is a link to my previous blog post about the project.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients