A look at awards, titles or wins in sports stripped due to off-field issues
Listed below are some athletes, teams, even a horse, that were stripped of awards, titles or wins due to off-the-field issues.
Lance Armstrong: Finally admitting he used performance-enhancing drugs, Armstrong was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Joe Paterno: Penn State removed the legendary coach's statue outside the stadium, and 111 of his career wins were erased because of the Jerry Sandusky child molestation scandal.
Reggie Bush: Five years after winning the Heisman, the former USC running back gave the trophy back in 2010 after his parents were tied to accusations they accepted thousands of dollars from an agent.
Brian Cushing: Testing positive for a banned substance, Cushing still won the 2010 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year in a revote but was stripped of his second-team All-Pro status.
Floyd Landis: Years before Amstrong, Landis was stripped of his 2006 Tour de France title.
Michigan basketball: The Fab Five, five highly ranked recruits that arrived the same year, had two Final Four appearances and all their wins stripped from the record books because Chris Webber accepted money.
John Calipari: Final Four appearances at Massachusetts (1996) and Memphis (2008) under Calipari were wiped from the record books. At UMass, it was due to Marcus Camby allegedly taking money from an agent. At Memphis it was using an ineligible player, presumed to be Derrick Rose.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister