Learning things on the Twitter neighborhood
I use Twitter.
And when I say use, I mean use.
I probably don’t interact enough to be a real part of the Twitter community. So the way I interact with my Twitter community is kind of like the way I interact with my real-life neighborhood — I’m there and seem nice enough, but what do they really know about me?
That said, I love using Twitter. I’ve said out loud that you can learn things (sometimes true; sometimes not so true) faster on the Twitter stream than you can anywhere else, and I don’t think that’s going to change.
That said, who you follow says a lot about you. And knowing it fast and knowing it right are sometimes – sometimes - the same things.
But when you follow reporters like our own NBA beat reporter Darnell Mayberry, “Fast” and “Right” are always the same things.
Take today, for example. I learned from Darnell that Kevin Durant was honored as the conference player of the week.
Kevin Durant has been named Western Conference Player of the Week for Dec. 28 through Jan. 3. #OKCTHUNDER
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4061As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3840Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3249Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients