Branding articles on NewsOK
We launched some functionality in the last week or so that we hope draws more attention to some of our deep coverage.
On many of our articles you might notice some images above the headlines that draw attention to pages deep within our site. They look something like this:
We call then ‘article branding.’ We think these branding headers are an excellent opportunity for us to showcase the depth of coverage in certain areas.
For example, you’ll see the example above on most of our high school sports articles. You’ll see similar images for our OU, OSU and Oklahoma City Thunder articles. And we’ll also be using these types of branding images to drive our customers deep into the Web site for our ongoing coverage pages. When we have an update on the Sean Sutton case or the pharmacy shooting story, you’ll see links to our significant ongoing coverage of those stories.
Perhaps it’s just a small addition, but it’s another step in improving the navigation on our massive site, which is constantly a major objective within our offices.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19471Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14514Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10937UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 9667Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8444Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 7027Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5625Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5257Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 4924Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4923Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients