Today is a day to learn new things on Twitter
Sometimes Twitter comes in real handy. Take today for example.
About one hour ago, our newest employee, Dane Beavers, posted a message on Twitter that I found very interesting. It was a link to a blog from STLToday.com reporting that Tony La Rusa, the manager of the St. Louis Cardinals, was suing Twitter. Fascinating story … and good blogging from the experts at the St. Louis Post Dispatch. I had to ‘reTweet.’
Then, just moments ago, Shaquille O’Neal (the one NBA player I’ve followed since his high school phenom days), posted a message on Twitter announcing to the world that he was rooting for his former teammate Kobe Bryant to win the championship this season. Bryant and the Lakers are in the NBA Finals against the Orlando Magic.
Since I’ve always rooted for Shaq, and his teams have always become my favorite teams, I found this equally fascinating – especially since the two players’ falling out probably cost each of them an opportunity for a couple more championships.
Equally interesting, was his, um, conversational tone
thats right i am saying it today and today only, i want kobe bryant to get number 4, spread da word
So there … I did it. I “spread da word.”
(To those who don’t follow the NBA or speak ‘Shaq’, “number 4″ refers to the championships Kobe will have if he wins another. He won three while playing with THE_REAL_SHAQ).
So those are two of the things I learned today on Twitter. But I learned much more. NewsOK, for example, has posted eight things today — everything from breaking news about Miley Cyrus to Berry Tramel’s latest blog post.
I might have missed any of those eight things without the stream of people I trust (namely, NewsOK) letting me know when something interesting comes across our desk.
So feel free and follow us on Twitter, if you’re into that kind of thing.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13110Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12605OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11229Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10063Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7965Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5849Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5300Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5259Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4767Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4142Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients