Reader requests more responsible commenting on articles
I’ve posted recently about comments on our site. I was talking about how other news organizations are looking at their comments and trying to find ways to improve the the level of dialogue for their audience.
Then, the very same day, I received this bit of feedback from one of our visitors through our feedback form at the bottom of the site.
I read your articles on the net, and sometimes respond. And I read what others say, especially those written to/about Berry Tramel. There are a couple of people who are regular ‘responders’ there who are nothing less than vicious, and should be screened from. They seem to have a vendetta against the Oklahoman and Trammel, and anyone who writes in his defense gets mauled. They attack the writer and not the substance. One writer (writing about the article concerning the cell phone usage at the OU libarary) threatened a person who dis- agreed with him a civil law suit in federal court. This is not acceptable. People should be reminded to keep their remarks germane and civil, or warned that what they write will be expunged. …. I am willing to help in any way you might deem appropriate.
Excellent. There’s one person on the team.
We’ll come up with something. Stay tuned.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 96630Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13870Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9391Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8546Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8291OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7627How to help tornado victims
- 7193Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6598Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 6117Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 5969Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients