Burning through money: A multimedia experiment
Local Editor Michael Baker and a few members of his reporting team – John Estus and Bryan Dean – pulled off a nice multimedia package last week.
They enlisted the help of web editor Nick Tankersley, art director Todd Pendleton and graphic artist Brian Mays to effectively tell the story about the battle between the Oklahoma City firefighters and city officials.
We have three articles, a video interview and four informational graphics to help tell help describe the details of this story — which range from arguments about excessive overtime pay, contract negotiations and incident rates.
It was an experiment for us. Can we tell an hard news, ongoing coverage piece in a way different than we normally do.
We think it worked this time. And we’ll do something to take it a step further next time.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15647OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 15447Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10056'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 9335Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8950Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7906Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 7604Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7402Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7043Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7042Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients