It’s like I’m right there in the wrestling ring
I spent a day at the Golden Goose Flea Market in Midwest City a few weeks back when the Mid South Wrestling Alliance held one of its events.
Welll … I think I spent the day there.
Frankly, I can’t remember if I was actually there or not. I can visualize being there. I feel like I had some conversations with some fans and participants. I heard the sounds, tasted the popcorn and sat in a metal folding chair.
That’s what reporter Ken Raymond photographer John Clanton can do with a project. They will put you in the middle of the action, and you won’t remember if you experienced that for yourself or if you read about it and watched a slideshow.
They pulled it off for their package on the Mid South Wrestling Alliance last week. Ken Raymond wrote the story. John Clanton took the photos and put together a slideshow. Throw in some great design and headline writing, and you have …. Ringmasters – a tale of professional wrestling in Oklahoma.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11867Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11199Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7813Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7743Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4737Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4255OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3606Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 3568Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3561Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3556How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients