Two hidden gems on NewsOK.com today
I look at virtually every page on NewsOK, just so I always know what every page looks like.
I work on a schedule, looking at a handful (actually, more than a handful) of pages every day. It only takes a few minutes a day that way, and the process of evaluating every page on NewsOK.com’s massive site never seems too daunting.
Doing this as part of my daily routine helps me know if we have given the proper consideration and editing attention on some of our inside pages. It helps me notice when we don’t have the correct articles on the correct pages. It helps me run across issues where we might have dated information on an Ongoing Coverage page.
In almost all cases, our stellar online editing staff has everything looking great on every page, but on occasion I’ll see something that needs a tweak.
But what it really does for me is this: I see great content that I might have missed.
Take today, for example.
I was scheduled to take a look at our Watchdog page – a great page that houses the incredible coverage from our Watchdog desk. I saw today that we had the correct stories being played up on the page, but then I saw the most recent blog post from investigative reporter Michael Baker. It was a thoughtful account of his experience in covering the clemency request of death-row inmate Jeffrey David Matthews
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients