Feature on NewsOK articles aims to offer another interesting read
We added a new feature last week to our articles.
Hopefully, you noticed — especially since the feature only makes an appearance when you reach the bottom of an article.
We added a ‘slideout’ feature that appears on the right side of your screen when you scroll to the bottom of an article. Technically, it slides in to your screen, but we’re still calling it a ‘slideout’ for now.article I was reading about Brent Venables.
The slideout offers a a popular headline in the same category of the story you are reading, so hopefully it’s a useful tool that will give you a suggested headline that you haven’t read before.
We’re not always looking to have stuff move around on the screen, but we’re always open to giving our readers something they might find useful. The early feedback has been positive, and the traffic numbers indicated a strong rate of clicks for those items. So I finally decided to introduce it on The Digital Desk blog.
I think it’s a keeper. Other individual might think otherwise. But ultimately, the way our users interact with the feature will determine its eventual fate.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24384Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14430Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10043UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8936Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 7944Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7183Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6372Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6313Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6107Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 5639OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients