Stepping into the Pinterest world
I’ve gone through a few of the unofficial phases of social media acceptance with Pinterest.
It’s the rite of passage for many individuals in the social media space. Sure, the steps are a little different if you are an over-achieving early adopter. I know lots of those people. But for us normal every-day mid-level early adopters, the steps below fit.
- Step 1: You ignore it and scoff at the fact that another site is trying to enter the social media space.
- Step 2: You poke fun at your friends and family members that are participating in the space.
- Step 3: You see more people engaging with the site. Some of them are even a lot like you. And you begin to feel ashamed that you haven’t tried it yet.
- Step 4: You sign up. But you don’t get it. You must be missing something. Maybe it’s all just passed you by.
- Step 5: Somebody engages with something you posted. It’s all starting to make sense.
- Step 6: Once it makes a little sense, you dive in a little deeper and see real value and possibility. Now you get it.
- Step 7: Find your comfort level and just be yourself.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients