Veteran sports writer make an impact on next generation
I ran across Ryan Aber’s blog post about Bob Hersom. It was posted on June 30, but I didn’t see it until today.
Aber did an excellent job of sharing his and some of his collegues’ thoughts on the recent passing of Bob Hersom. Hersom was a highly-respected reporter at The Oklahoman and, more recently, the official scorekeeper for the Oklahoma RedHawks.
When I moved over to the RedHawks beat last summer, Matt Patterson, who had the beat, offered a great bit of wisdom. Matt said that the best part of the beat wasn’t the occasional big-time player or ex-player you’d get to meet but the day-to-day relationships that come from being in the press box. He was dead on.
Ryan goes on to share insights from some others in the RedHawks and OPUBCO organizations about Bob. It was an excellent read.
And if you want more about Bob Hersom, read Jenni Carlson’s Father’s Day column about Bob as he was in the hospital.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15991OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14570Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9562Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9374Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9102'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8275Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7661Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7564Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7457Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7060Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients