A few takes on Google+
Don Mecoy had a nice take this week on Google+.
Mere hours after I invited my 20-something nephew to Google Plus, he declared himself unimpressed. I also doubt that my mother, already comfortable on Facebook, is seeking a new social media outlet.
He breaks down the features and shares his thoughts on the possible futures for the new social media platform.
Just one day later, one of The Oklahoman’s interns, Brandon Goodwin, had a similar blog post on the Intern Blog that explained why the early feedback on Google+ has been so positive. He breaks down the improvements to this platform as Privacy, Hanging Out, Photo Sharing, Immediacy and Simplicity.
I’m a simple guy with big expectations. Since I started posting on the site, I realized I was reaching my audiences like never before. I have opportunities to meet others with my interests like never before, and I’m a consistent social media user.
And yes, I’m on Google+. And yes, I think it has potential.
More importantly, NewsOK is on Google+.
We’re just getting warmed up.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83313Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 56374Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33323Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 23846Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 23231Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8483Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8265Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 8253Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 7999Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7772Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients