Education on Kitty Wells begins with NewsOK headline
I learned something yesterday because of a simple headline on NewsOK.com.
My first thought was … Who’s Kitty Wells?
My second thought was … For someone who knows a lot about country music and grew up in a house with a long bookcase of vinyl records from George Jones to Hank Williams to Willie Nelson, don’t tell anyone that you’d never heard of Kitty Wells.
Luckily, NewsOK’s home page began my education about Kitty Wells.
Without Kitty Wells, there might be no Taylor Swift. Or Miranda Lambert. Or Loretta Lynn.
She was THE pioneer, the first female singer with enough spunk and fire to get noticed in the male-dominated world of country music.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11641Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11150Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7793Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7658Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4653Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4189OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3570Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 3548Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3510Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3477How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients