These NewsOK stories will make you feel good about our little planet
I posted yesterday some of the stories in my ‘we-can’t-make this-stuff-up’ category.
Today, I’m posting stories from the ‘the-world-is a-good-place’ category to be certain I give a fair account of our coverage.
(Though, to be fair, the stories from the ‘we-can’t-make-this-stuff-up’ department traditionally generate more article page views than the stories from the ‘world-is-a-good-place’ department).
Let’s start with this harrowing tale. We had a story yesterday about a woman from Stonewall who was honored for here efforts in helping rescue a man from a pack of wild dogs attacking him.
At the time of the attack, Jennifer Sweet, 28, of Stonewall, was on her way home from dropping off her husband at work. Her toddler was in the back seat of the car when she drove up on the horrific scene — a man covered in blood surrounded by a pack of animals acting more like hungry wolves than domestic pets.
He lived, and she’s a hero. That makes me feel good.
Then there’s this tale about a much friendlier dog named Tigger, a service animal who alerts Deona Boyle when she is about to have an epileptic siezure.
Tigger can sense the onset of Boyle’s seizures before they happen. “He puts his paws on me, nudges me with his nose,” she said. “That’s my signal to sit down, wherever I’m at.”
And there is this great story about a 10-year-old entrepreneur who sells unique homemade parachute cords to support an initiative to send care packages to her brother during his deployment with the Oklahoma National Guard.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 72395Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14464Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8451Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7239How to help tornado victims
- 6453Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6316Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6292Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6021Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5304Details emerge about memorial service for Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5155Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients