Depositing checks my app can’t cash … or something like that
Since I have a new iPhone, I’ve been downloading a lot of apps.
I’ve downloaded lots of news apps and lots of sports apps. I guess the apps you download say a lot about what’s important to you. In my case, the apps I’ve downloaded say that I like to know who’s winning the game and what’s happening in the world. I have quite a few apps in the categories of news and sports.
Sounds pretty noble of me. Unfortunately, the number of apps in each category show that, if I had to choose, I’d rather know who’s winning the game over what’s happening in the world.
I’m only human.
But how about this? …. I did download the app from my bank. That shows something. It shows that I have a mature side to by app collection.
The handy banking app is a useful tool that allows easy banking access — what I’ve spent and how much I have. That’s good stuff to have.
But the coolest thing about my banking app is that I can deposit checks into my account by simply uploading photos of the check. For some reason, that amazes me, and I had to try it immediately.
I started with a $6.25 check that I hadn’t gotten around to depositing. I heard a voice in my head ….
“That’s a good amount to try it with.”
(The voice wasn’t actually just in my head. It was said aloud by a colleague who likes living ‘off the grid.’)
“That way, when an eastern European hacker intercepts the transaction, you won’t be out hundreds of dollars.”
My colleague wasn’t giving the process a vote of confidence, but I carried on anyway.
I went through the entire process of taking the photos and entering the proper information before that entire deposit process failed. “Try again later,” it said.
Nothing is more frustrating than a process that fails and leaves no good reason for the failure.
“You can’t always count on technology.”
(That was the voice in my head again.)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21368Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17546Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12345Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9430Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9175Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9080Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8212Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 7912Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 5969OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5028Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients