Giving a voice back to a blacklisted user
I spoke with a NewsOK user today who wondered why he could no longer leave comments on NewsOK.
We had blacklisted him.
He wasn’t sure why he was blacklisted, but he was hoping I would change his fate.
I’m a reasonable man, so I made the change. He was able to post comments on NewsOK again.
We actually haven’t blacklisted many users on NewsOK. It’s not something we want to do. Generally, the decision is made because the user’s comments have gotten so out of hand and are rarely, if ever, contribute to constructive dialogue.
In the case of the user I spoke with today, I felt he should be allowed to comment. I had failed to conclude why we made the decision to blacklist him in the first place. So after a short discussion, he was back in business.
It’s just another story in the long list of discussion about comments on NewsOK. But it was another small step in improving the comments in the future on NewsOK.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients