The Food Dude and tailgating … it’s a tough job
Dave Cathey has a tough job on Saturdays this fall.
His job on Saturdays is to tailgate.
Yes, that’s tailgate … as a verb.
But here’s what makes it even better for Dave (a.k.a. – The Food Dude): He doesn’t have to set up a tailgate location; he doesn’t have to put stakes in the ground for the big tent; he doesn’t even have to cook anything.
All Dave has to do is eat and talk. And Dave does those things very well.
The Food Dude is spending his Saturdays visiting tailgate spots and talking to people who are happy about life. And most everyone is happy on football Saturdays (especially before the game).
And we’ve just recently secured prizes and sponsors for our season-ending tailgating Bedlam contest, when everything that’s good about tailgating will come together for one final celebration in Stillwater at this year’s Bedlam game.
It’s a tough job, but the Food Dude will somehow manage to get through it.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24467Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 16897Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10653OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 9241Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7954Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7314UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 6861Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5766Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5245Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4425Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients