A recap of the OPUBCO stories from the last week
Last week, I posted an article of great significance on NewsOK — OPUBCO to be sold.
That was an interesting day for all of us employees of OPUBCO. My boss’ tweet (editor and vice president of news Kelly Dyer Fry) summed it up well:
“I met Mr. Anschutz and I really like him. Will miss Christy, but this is a good day”
And in a bit more old-fashioned version of a tweet, check out this editorial from The Oklahoman about our future.
Gaylord is a household name in Oklahoma. It has been for more than a century. Anschutz will be unfamiliar to most readers. This will soon change and the newspaper will evolve. But it will not reverse the course that E.K. Gaylord set for it so many years ago.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 64206Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14590Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8849Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6802How to help tornado victims
- 6783Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6409Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6168Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5647Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5641Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 5457Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients