Caller shares his thoughts on judge’s ruling and The Oklahoman’s responsibility
The phone rang today.
It was a subscriber to The Oklahoman. The fact that he was using the phone to contact me is a good indication that he prefers our print product. Most feedback I get about NewsOK.com comes in the form of email.
But this man was quick to point out that he was a subscriber. He said it with pride.
(And just as an aside — we get these calls quite often, but usually they are received by my colleague, managing editor Mike Shannon. His title resonates with our print subscribers, and he is very good at talking to our readers.)cameras not being allowed in the Jerome Ersland murder trial. I realized quickly that he didn’t really want to discuss this decision as much as he wanted to share his opinion.
But as the caller concluded his passionate monologue about how the public should be allowed to see what’s going on in the courtroom, he said something that really struck me.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients