The Oklahoman iPad/iPhone app in Newsstand for iOS 5
The Oklahoman’s custom iPad application took another step with the release of Apple’s iOS 5 a couple weeks ago.
Your next question might be … “What is Newsstand?”
Well, if you have already upgraded your iPad or iPhone to iOS 5, you probably already know about Newsstand. If you haven’t, read this:
iOS 5 organizes your magazine and newspaper app subscriptions in Newsstand: a folder that lets you access your favorite publications quickly and easily. There’s also a new place on the App Store just for newspaper and magazine subscriptions.
Not every news media company that has a application on the iPad made their app available for Newsstand. But we did. Now, if you’re using our custom app on a daily basis and you’ve upgraded to iOS 5, then you get our daily editions through the Newsstand folder.
One of the big reasons we went this route was the automated download feature. Newsstand will download the daily edition of The Oklahoman as soon as it’s available. Now, our readers don’t have to wake up, open the app, download the latest edition and wait for it to be available. When they wake up, the edition will already be there (as long as they have a good wifi connection in the air while they sleep).
This is pretty cool feature that I’ve found useful since I upgraded. Sure, iOS 5 has lots of neat enhanced swiping features, a cool reminders app and the ability to airplay your device on big screens, but I really like the automated download of my daily newspaper through Newsstand.
That’s my favorite feature.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 23122Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10571Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6943OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5977OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5278Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5014Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3834Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3753Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3593Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3185Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients