Reader offers personal feedback to our iPad edition
After some correspondence with a reader of The Oklahoman’s new iPad edition, he offered this feedback.
I thought I would share with the world.
I do like the app. The structure is organized and easy to use. I think I’ll like having the media links close at hand as I use it more. The only downside I have found so far is that it doesn’t allow me to use the “pinch” feature of the IPad. I realize I can increase the size of the font so it won’t be a deal killer. For instance when I read my subscription to the Journal Record on my IPad I can make the words and pictures as large as I like. It is a little harder to navigate.
Although $5 a month is less than a lunch, I do bristle a little bit about adding $60 a year to the cost of my subscription when I can read the digital edition on my laptop for free. I realize it may be a necessary evil.
I think print and digital media have their place in the consumer’s news gathering experience. I find the digital version a faster and more convenient way to get up to speed on issues I’m interested in. The experience of handling a newspaper is a hard habit to break and I find myself reading articles I might have passed up in the digital version just because of physically coming upon them when thumbing through the pages.
Overall I commend you and the Oklahoman for being out front in the digital news revolution. I thought you’d like to know.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 35743Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30080Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 9255Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7252Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6705OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3930Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3685College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3424Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3280Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients