Giving fans a voice …. sounding off on OU and OSU football
If you haven’t had a chance to see what our sports department has started doing recently, check it out.
We are giving you a voice — literally.
We’ve always wanted you to comment. We’ve always encouraged your participation in the news process. But now, we’re experimenting with giving you a real voice that can appear on our site — either as audio or within a packaged video.
We tried it last week after the football games. We encouraged readers of The Oklahoman and users of NewsOK.com to call us and tell Sports Editor Mike Sherman what they think. Here are some of the recordings after the OU-Missouri football game on Saturday.
And here is what people were saying after OSU receiver Justin Blackmon was arrested in Texas on Tuesday.
This is just an example of using available technology to give you a voice. And it’s another example of our sports department continuing to push forward and look for cool new things to do to connect with our audience.
I like it. And I’ll be looking for more posts and videos each week.
You can participate. Just call (405) 586-0704. The line is always open.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6362Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6064Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients