Most-viewed items on NewsOK in October
It’s Halloween, which means it’s a fine time to review the most-viewed content on NewsOK.com in October 2011.
Before I go any further, though, I should point out that October was a great month for web traffic on NewsOK, but it didn’t quite break our all-time record. There are a few hours left, but it looks like we will fall just a few hundred thousand page views short of the all-time record-breaking month of September 2011. (It seems like so long ago).
In October, we can thank these fine pieces of content for our strong traffic.
Sonya Colberg’s piece about a cancer patient who traded her life so her baby could survive led all our stories in October. The story went viral, mostly being shared through Facebook. It was linked on other national websites like Huffington Post and FoxNews and a multitude of blogs and niche sites, but the greatest traffic was from Facebook.
Frankly, that’s a little surprising. Generally, when a NewsOK story goes viral, it’s aided by national sites and most of the traffic generated for the article comes from that site. But in the case of Sonya’s story, Facebook drove the bulk of the traffic — twice as many referrals as Huffington Post.
It shows that this story really went viral. One person shared with their friends, who shared with their friends, and so on. It deserved the attention, too. Sonya did a great job telling this story.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17454Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13102OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11643'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11460Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9987Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 8525Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8435Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7203Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7020Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7003Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients