The Thirsty Beagle blog and the Beer Championship Series finals
Nick Trougakos is the Assistant Local Editor is charge of our Metro section/coverage.
In the past month or so, Nick — er — the “Thirsty Beagle” has been keeping watch over his annual 64-team Beer Championship Series tournament. It’s been sponsored by Tapwerks in Bricktown.
Tapwerks has been kind enough to over look the mixed analogy that the Thirsty Beagle came up with. I mean, “64 teams” sounds like March Madness — and it sounds like it should be in the Spring. But the “BCS” sounds like college football — and it sounds like it should be in the Fall. But I won’t argue with a man who requires all co-workers to address him as “The Beagle” as they encounter him in the OPUBCO hallways. It’s the least we can do in return for all his hard editing work.Redbud Pale Ale vs. COOP Native Amber — and place a vote (or 10 votes) for your favorite.
Voting for the finals continues until 6 p.m. Wednesday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients