NewsOK Sports honored with APSE award for third straight year
This doesn’t happen often, but breaking news has reached The Digital Desk Blog.honored for the third consecutive year by the Associated Press Sports Editors as one of the top 10 sports web sites. Here’s a link to my post about last year’s award.
Yeah, I know what you’re thinking. It’s just another award, right? Well, no, not really. As is the case with many things in life, the company you keep says a lot about you. And in the case of the APSE Web contest awards, we’re proud to be in the company of Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, New York Times, Washington Post, USA Today and others.
Those are the sites we’re lumped in with, because our audience continues to grow at such a rapid pace. If you look at the size of the markets we’re compared to (and the sites that weren’t in the Top 10), it’s clear that sports editor Mike Sherman, his team of reporters and editors, and the web editing team on NewsOK have something to be very proud of.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients