Convicted murderer Jerome Ersland charged with contraband possession in prison
Former Oklahoma City pharmacist Jerome Ersland was charged Monday with possessing contraband in prison. His son, Jeffrey Jay Ersland, was charged with bringing contraband into the prison.
NORMAN — In a blow to his hopes for a pardon someday, convicted murderer Jerome Jay Ersland was charged Monday with possession of contraband in prison.
The former pharmacist, 61, is serving a life sentence for fatally shooting an already wounded robber inside a south Oklahoma City drugstore in 2009.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims