Ex-middle school worker accused of fondling student, 13
Anthony J. Starks, 25, of Midwest City, is facing a felony charge of lewd acts with a child under 16.
Prosecutors in Oklahoma County have filed a felony charge against a former middle school employee accused of fondling a 13-year-old girl, court records show.
Anthony Jerome Starks, 25, of Midwest City, was charged Tuesday with the crime of indecent or lewd acts with a child under 16.
Starks is accused of rubbing the neck and back of a Del Crest Middle School student in November and then inserting his fingers in the waistband of her pants and touching the top of her buttocks, according to a probable cause affidavit.
The girl ran out of the classroom and into a restroom and called her mother, police reported. The student told police Starks had been giving her candy and food during her time in school detention, according to the affidavit.
Starks was not a teacher at Del Crest, but an hourly employee who was paid to watch students with disciplinary problems do their homework, a school spokeswoman said.
He was fired after the incident was reported, spokeswoman Stacey Boyer said.
“Anthony Starks was an hourly employee at Mid-Del Schools from August 2012 until Nov. 28, 2012. At his time of employment, he met the criteria for background checks identified by the laws set forth by the state of Oklahoma,” Boyer said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad