High school basketball: Late bucket lifts Westmoore boys
Westmoore's Tripp Fuller converted a three-point play with 3.2 seconds to go, and Norman missed a potential tying shot at the buzzer as Westmoore escaped with a 69-66 win Tuesday night.
Fuller scored 15 of his game-high 26 points in the second half. Trey Ayala added 14 points as four Jaguar players finished in double-figure scoring.
Norman sophomore Cooper Clark made four 3-pointers on his way to 24 points.
NORMAN NORTH ROLLS
Blake Knighton scored 14 points, and Kairo Rutledge had a double-double as Norman North knocked off Southmoore 76-51.
Five Norman North players scored in double-figures, with Rutledge, a 6-foot-7 junior, pulling down 14 rebounds to go with his 10 points.
Darius Hodge led Southmoore with 12 points.
HARRIS POWERS PC WEST
Junior guard Omega Harris scored 26 points to lead Putnam City West to an 82-45 rout of Yukon. Four other PC West players had at least nine points.
Trey Maston made four 3-pointers and finished with 16 points to lead Shawnee to a 55-45 win over Noble. ... Colton Lindsey scored 20 points to carry Christian Heritage to a 72-54 win over Crooked Oak. CHA took control by scoring 27 points in the second quarter.
BIG SECOND QUARTER LIFTS SOUTHMOORE GIRLS
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister