Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 21842Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 19892Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
- 7794Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Bin 73 singles out the partnerless for Valentine's party
By Dave Cathey
| Published: February 13, 2013
Singletons in greeting-card-carrying countries have long marked Feb. 14 with a black ‘X' on their collective calendar, but Bin 73, 7312 N Western Ave., is determined to create a celebratory haven for them this Valentine's Day.
Whether you're lovesick or sick of love, you are welcome to join chef/owner Beau Stephenson's Singles Awareness Day Party.
“This party is all about the singles, but couples are welcome to join us, too,” Stephenson said.
To celebrate the single with the single, Bin 73 will offer a complementary buffet, music and specials on libations.
The bar turned restaurant and bar turns 9 in August.
“We were a straight-up bar when we first opened,” Stephenson said. “We served some tapas, but the focus was on wine and nightlife in the beginning.”
Demand for the great bar food Bin 73 served increased, and pretty soon lunch service was added. Stephenson took advantage of being next door to Bill Kamp's meat market by adding burgers to the menu, using Kamp's ground beef.
“That was a no-brainer,” Stephenson said. “His beef is incredible.”
And the burgers at Bin 73 represent that excellent beef beautifully, especially when they do their burger bar from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays. Guests can choose their ingredients to create a custom burger.
The menu also includes chicken sandwiches that come in Cuban, Caesar, and Cajun. You'll also find four pastas entrees and four entree salads to choose from. And for you caveman-dieters, there's the Chuck and Kord protein plate.
The tapas Bin 73 began with have evolved since 2004. The current tapas options include cheese platter, grilled salsa, spring rolls, green chile queso, red pepper hummus, Asian-influenced short ribs, hot wings, mushroom risotto, smoked salmon, a pommes frites sampler, blue cheese fondue and a Mediterranean sampler that includes manchego cheese, Kalamata olives pepperoncinis and almonds.
Share this on Facebook
Videoview all videos
Feb 13Whether you're lovesick or sick of love, you are welcome...