Illinois school district cuts healthy foods from menu
Healthy foods just aren't getting the job done in one Illinois school district. So, they're being cut from the menu.
Grilled salmon, baked fish and black-bean burgers may be highly nutritious but Arlington Heights School District 25 students literally weren't having it.
This month, the school district eliminated the "nutrient-dense" lunch choices that included the aforementioned entrees after kids frequently took a pass on them.
Read the rest of this post on the original site »
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad