Body found in Norman house after fire
Norman firefighters responded Wednesday to a house fire at 619 Villa Drive. Once the fire was out firefighters discovered a body inside the house, investigators said.
NORMAN — Investigators here said they aren’t sure about the cause of death of a person found inside a burning home Wednesday.
Norman police Capt. Tom Easley said detectives were called to investigate, along with fire officials, “because the cause of death is not readily apparent.” He stopped short of saying the death was suspicious.
“We don’t know what we’ve got,” Deputy Fire Chief Jim Bailey said. “We are investigating it to see if it is suspicious.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort