Oklahoma State basketball notebook: Markel Brown says it's the ball, not the shoes
Texas Tech uses an Under Armour ball, made by Spalding, after playing with Adidas before that. Balls used range from team to team, depending on who a school has its contract with. For OSU, it's Nike.
Last year at Texas Tech, Markel Brown struck for his career high with 30 points in OSU's lone conference road win of the season.
Videoview all videos
Feb 11OSU men's basketball has a five-game winning streak. The...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
He picked right back up Wednesday night, scoring all of his 25 points in the first half of the Cowboys' 91-67 romp at United Spirit Arena.
What's his Lubbock secret?
Not the shoes.
“I think it's the ball,” Brown said. “They switched the ball up last year and I like the feel of the ball. I think it's the ball.”
Texas Tech now uses an Under Armour ball, made by Spalding, after playing with Adidas before that. Balls used range from team to team, depending on who a school has its contract with. For OSU, it's Nike.
“Other than that, it's my teammates finding me in open spots,” Brown said. “I'm running in transition, guys are looking up finding me. And I'm just shooting it with confidence.”
Brown seems to be having success regardless of the ball, with more credit probably due to many hours spent working on his perimeter shot.
As a freshman, Brown was 16-of-61 (26 percent) on 3-point tries. In his last six games, Brown has 20 3s. On the season, he's 40-of-100 for the season (40 percent).
Saturday: Oklahoma, 12:45 p.m.
Wednesday: Kansas, 8 p.m.
Feb. 23: at West Virginia, 1 p.m.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?