Oklahoma scene: OKC RedHawks to hold job fair Friday and Saturday
The Oklahoma City RedHawks will have its annual job fair on Friday and Saturday at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark. The 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. sessions are to interview candidates for positions such as ushers, parking lot attendants, ticket window attendants, retail workers and more. The RedHawks and Professional Sports Catering are also filling open food service positions.
A full list of open positions can be found at www.okcredhawks.com. For more information, call the RedHawks at 218-1000.
BAYS NAMED FULL-TIME COACH
Oklahoma Baptist University named Casi Bays as full-time women's basketball coach. Bays was serving as interim coach at the NAIA school in Shawnee.
“Casi has handled the typical turbulence of a coaching change very well,” OBU athletic director Robert Davenport said in a statement. “We're very pleased to have someone who knows and cares about the program in this position.”
Bays was named interim coach last August, when John McCullough resigned to take an advance scouting position with the Portland Trail Blazers.
The Bison are 14-11 overall and 7-7 in the Sooner Athletic Conference.
BLAZE TO TAKE ON BARONS
The Oklahoma Blaze wheelchair basketball team will face the Oklahoma City Barons at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Abe Lemons Arena on the Oklahoma City University campus. A silent auction will be held during the game with proceeds going to the Greater Oklahoma Disabled Sports Association. Admission to the game is $5 for adults and $3 for kids. Youngsters age 5 and under are admitted free of charge.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims