Oklahoma City teachers concerned about classrooms without working locks
Teachers at two Oklahoma City schools say their schools have classrooms with no locks or broken locks. Other classrooms without locks dot the district. District officials say they are fixing the problem.
Some Oklahoma City classrooms are missing locks as construction workers renovate schools throughout the district, and teachers say they worry for the safety of students.
“If a shooter would come through the door, my classroom would be the first one hit,” said one English teacher. “My job is to protect the kids. I’m supposed to. I can’t do that if my...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 46110Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14982Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9556Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8109Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7765Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7102Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7082Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena