OKC metro prayer breakfast date to be earlier than usual
The Christian Business Men's Connection of Oklahoma City Metro Prayer Breakfast, celebrating its 30th anniversary, will be held March 26 at the Cox Convention Center, though it typically is held in April.
An annual prayer gathering in downtown Oklahoma City will be held earlier than usual this year.
So said Harold Armstrong, area director of the Christian Business Men's Connection of Oklahoma City, which co-sponsors the CBMC Metro Prayer Breakfast with the Oklahoma City mayor's office each year.
Armstrong said the popular prayer breakfast is celebrating its 30th anniversary. It is set for March 26 at the Cox Convention Center though it typically is held in April.
He said many people who regularly attend the gathering are likely to think that it is planned for April and may miss out on getting their tickets and corporate tables.
Armstrong said the 2013 guest speaker comes from the world of finance — a subject that is relevant with today's shaky economy.
He said Bob Doll is chief equity strategist and senior portfolio manager at Nuveen Asset Management.
Doll recently served as BlackRock's chief equity strategist for fundamental equities. Before his tenure at BlackRock, Doll was with Merrill Lynch Investment Managers, where he served as the president and chief investment officer and senior portfolio manager of the Merrill Lynch Large Cap Series Funds. He also has served as the chief investment officer of Oppenheimer Funds Inc.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes