Person of interest sought in Norman homicide case
NORMAN — Police still are searching for a person of interest in the shooting death of Patrick Burton, 51, whose body was found Wednesday inside his burning house.
NewsOK Related Articles
A man and a woman — whose names were not released — were taken into custody Friday night by Oklahoma County sheriff's deputies and Norman police. Neither has been formally charged, Norman police Capt. Tom Easley said.
Police released photographs of three men and one woman investigators say attempted to use credit cards belonging to Burton about five hours before his body was found.
The attempts were made at a business in the Norman area about 6 a.m. Wednesday, Easley said. Burton's body was found about 11 a.m. inside his burning house at 619 Villa Drive. He had been shot to death.
One of the three men was identified and is no longer being sought, Easley said.
Anyone who recognizes the man is asked to call police at 321-1600 or 321-1444.
Police also are searching for Burton's pickup, which was missing from his home when his body was discovered. The white 2004 extended cab Chevrolet has the tag number 088 AXI. It has distinctive white, louvered taillight covers and white, louvered covers on the rear side windows.
At the time the truck went missing, it had a NASCAR license plate on the front bumper and a cowbell hanging from the rear bumper.
Firefighters were called to Burton's home when neighbors noticed smoke billowing from it. Burton's body had burns, but a medical examiner determined he died from a gunshot wound.
Burton lived at the home with his mother, who was out of state visiting relatives at the time of his death.
Contributing: Staff Writer LeighAnne Manwarren
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36331Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15449Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9864Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9824Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9353Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7992Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7895Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister